At Greater Birmingham Ministries, we seek to serve people, build community, and pursue justice. Our work to increase voter participation is a part of that mission. When more people have access to their voting rights, when more voters turn out, and when more constituents participate in our democracy in a meaningful way, we can make more of an impact on the issues that matter to us.
With those values in mind, we have created this voter guide as a useful tool as you make plans to vote in the General Election on November 3. This guide was created by GBM’s program The Exchange, which is a group of mostly Gen Z and millennials that gather monthly to discuss justice issues and what we can do locally. To help us all become better informed participants in our democracy, the group researched each office, candidate, and amendment.
Click here to see the 2020 Voter Guide!
• The pandemic has brought unique challenges to voting. In order to protect your health, you may decide to vote by mail or vote early using Alabama’s absentee voting system. See pg. 3 for instructions.
• On pg. 4, follow the flowchart for steps you can take to prepare to vote.
• Starting on pg. 8, you will find information about the amendments and the offices on your ballot.
Please also keep in mind these very important dates:
- Last day we recommend mailing absentee ballot application: October 10, 2020
- Last day to register to vote for General Election: October 19, 2020
- Last day we recommend mailing absentee ballot: October 20, 2020
- Last day to vote absentee in person: October 29, 2020
- Deadline to hand deliver an absentee ballot: November 2, 2020 (at 5 pm)
- Election Day: November 3, 2020